Thinking that maybe by this time next year I will have completed the 30 questions; so tired! ;)
Meme for Invisible Illness Awareness Week-- invisibleillnessweek.com
Here's the 30 questions prompt that started last year.
Just a note: I am a ginger marmalade tabby cat; quite handsome by the way ; and married to the lovely Stripey on twitter but must share my twitter account with mom. These are Mama Nina's answers , not Honeybell's; LOL!
1. The illnesses I live with are: Minimal Brain Syndrome from brain injury from car accident, Fibromyalgia, IBS, Spinal Stenosis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Severe migraines since 3 yrs old, Ankylosing Spondylitis which will lead to total spine fusing; paralysis; other back problems, ADD, hypothyroid , Neuropathy, Barrett's Esophagus, (this one scares me due to those evil cancer cells), RA?; blood tests vary for this one, Arthritis and god knows what else; but also have great happiness in spite of all these problems; I am a happy 'hiney' or is it insanity? :)
2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: I forget (brain fog)
3. But I had symptoms since: Forever
4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is: not being able to travel and I miss my 2 daughters. I feel badly because I cannot clean the house or dress nicely any more.
5. Most people assume: All is well; its my fault because I try not to burden anyone; there are a lot with more problems than mine.
6. The hardest part about mornings are: mornings!
takes quite a while to get out of bed; It could almost be a comedy!
7. My favorite medical TV show is: Medical Mysteries ( I think that's the name of the show)
8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is: computer; don't own many gadgets. My picker upper thing; that picks up stuff I drop! forget the name of it! LOL
9. The hardest part about nights are: getting restful sleep and staying asleep.
10. Each day I take __ pills & vitamins. (No comments, please) It varies; can't take strong pain pills
11. Regarding alternative treatments I: have an open mind to anything that can help with the fatigue and pain.
12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: neither
13. Regarding working and career: can't go there; I used to have a brain; am going to see the Wizard of Oz for a new one soon!
14. People would be surprised to know: I used to walk 8 miles a day and bicycle for an hour every day; then weight train; long time ago; loved to dance and was a workaholic!
15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: Even after all these years, I refuse to accept it!
16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: talk about it to others; share with others; still be a friend to others, my family and my companions (animals).
17. The commercials about my illness: I love this question! The commercials make me want to break the TV!
18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: Living
19. It was really hard to have to give up: Writing the book that I had been working on! and other things.
20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: becoming a twitter addict and amazingly finding the best friends in the world! They have given me great joy and they know who they are; I love them!
21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: Join Sea Shepherd Society and help stop illegal whaling! Help more of all the animals in need and finally clean the house. It would also be nice to look and feel "pretty" again. I would actually go to a store and buy a dress and get my hair done. (havent done this in years!) :( Visit my 2 daughters
22. My illness has taught me: to deal with pain and be patient with people but I am still learning
23. Want to know a secret? I own a wheelchair that I "pimped out" (decorated it) but threw it in garage; hate it! have canes but prefer to call them walking sticks, and a walker; they are awful things! I do not use my handicapped sticker!
24. But I love it when people: show unconditional love; so many do and I am so grateful to them; Husband has empathy and understands too; this is a great relief.
25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is: have to think of this one; have so many! Keep Smiling!
26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them:To be very patient, find a doc that believes you and find a good support group, whether that be your family, friends, pets, or online group. You are not alone and you are loved. It's OK to cry~
27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: That humor prevails! Humor is a great friend!
28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: care; really care; I thank them for that.
29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Week because:
30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel:
Thank you for taking the time to read; I am here for you if you need to share with a friend
posted 35 hrs ago comments (1) Schedule a ReTweet! Share This!
Monday, September 20, 2010
Thursday, June 3, 2010
My Vows to my beautiful Stripey:
In front of all of our friends & family I would like to thank you all for coming & sharing with us our special day.
"My feet dance because of you. My heart shall beat because of you. My eyes see because of you. My mind thinks because of you.
And I shall love, because of you." - Eskimo Love Song
Come live with me and be my love ; wherever we may be; whether that be in FL or in VA; Paris, the mountains or the beach , the moon or stars
it matters not where we are for you live here in my heart & always will. I promise you fun travels, late night star gazing,
and late Sunday brekkies shall all our pleasures prove.
I give to you my paw, my heart, my life~
With this ring, I promise to forever love & care for your heart, never to break it, always seeking to love it, for it is precious to me.
I shall promise you turkey everyday with catnip on top! I love you to the moon and stars and back to my heart again dear Stripey.
- Stripey, my dear friends, defender of animal rights, lover of nature, Mama Nina has FM and other conditions; loves to help and comfort those with invisible illnesses, love to party and get into troule too! love spinach and peas and roast beasties; human family are vegans; pffft on that! they are crazy, I tell you! HA